1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to print .exe files

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by aaahchuu61, Jun 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aaahchuu61

aaahchuu61 Thread Starter

I did a search for all .exe files Start>Search>Files or Folders in list view but I haven't found a way to print the results. Thnx in advance!

2. Katzy

Katzy

Sounds a convoluted thing to do!

If you give us an idea as to WHY you want to do this, we might be able to give you some ideas.

If you're just trying to do some kind of catalogue, it might be easier to redirect the "dir" DOS command to make a text file of the results.

For example, typing "dir >c:/List.txt c:" would make a text file called "List.txt" in your root directory with everything in C: listed there. Naturally, from there, you can load the text file into Notepad, or something better, and print it from there. There are several paramenters you can add to change the order the list is in and what it contains, such as whether sub-directories should have their contents listed, too.

For an idea of what these parameters are, open a DOS window and enter "dir /?", without the quote-marks.

3. aaahchuu61

aaahchuu61 Thread Starter

I'd like to know all programs and make notes beside them.

4. Katzy

Katzy

Sounds like a big job!

Did you try it through DOS?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/237639