How to PRINT SCREEN

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

neary

Is there any one out there that can give me some instructions on how to use PRINT SCREEN with PAINT?
We have a new notebook with a Dell 966 printer. On our old HP printer, all we had to do was push the PRINT SCREEN button. and bless its soul out came a printed page.
With this new Notebook and DELL printer we cant get it to print the screen no matter what we do.
Maybe it cant be done. Can you help>
Thanks

pressing print screen will capture the entire screen, but pressing the Alt key in combination with print screen will capture the currently selected window. Both will output to your clipboard. You can then 'paste' in a graphics software such as Microsoft Paint or even into Microsoft Word, and you will get a 'paste' of the screen or window that was previously on your screen. Then print it from there.

jdl

If you haven't tried this program you are working WAY too hard to print screen captures. You can read about it at http://www.provtech.co.uk/software/screenprint32.asp and ScreenPrint32 is free to register for home/personal use with no functionality removed. I have been using various versions for some time and it is one beautiful product. It handles many captures and is very easy to use. I highly recommend it...can you tell I like it a lot?

neary

Thanks to all of you computer GEEKS out there that responded to my cry for help. One of the programs that you recommended did the trick.
My daughter and wife (Me too) thank you.
neary

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts