1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to re-connect microphone headset after disabling it in control panel

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tierney211, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tierney211

tierney211 Thread Starter

Hello,

I just got the Dictation 11.0 voice to text software in the mail, and after installing it and using the headset microphone (everything working perfectly), I pulled the microphone cord out of the jack while the software was loaded (why i do not know why i did that) and when I put it back in it does not work.

A bit of background info:

I run windows vista on a laptop and when I tried to trouble shoot it, my bright idea was to go into control panel and disable the mic, and the try to enable it again. Now I cannot find my microhpone anywhere in the control panel to re-enable it. The software still picks up that the microphone is connected (although the control panel does not), but neither can register any sound.

I did check to see if anything was muted in the mixer, and nothing is.

Does anyone have any ideas?

forever grateful for any input.

thanks

tim

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    Try using System Restore and take it back to when it worked.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1008425

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice