How to rebuild MFT?...possible?...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bobb4ku

I had to go into the safe mode to completely uninstall a particular stubborn program...no big deal, done in two minutes...but while I was in the safe mode I decide to create a directory and a simple text file and save it over to a third HD (200gb). Well, back in normal mode for XP I can no longer access this 200gb...it doesnt have the name I gave it, and XP tells me that I need to format it in order to access it....dont want to do that, lots of Ghost images on there. The file system was NTFS but now is listed as basic. :(

What options do I have...any?...I have tried PCI file recovery, it crashes my machine when it tries to read the parameters of the 200gb. I have tried another prg. called Restoration...essentially the same thing happens....suggestions please! Thanks for your time and response. (y)

bobb4ku

Dan O - I followed the link to disk commander but couldnt find a way to purchase it unless I called the oversea's number...I went to their download section, entered the required info but disk commander wasnt included in their drop-down menu of products. what did I miss...please advise, sorry for the brain fart!

bobb4ku

To e7Epsilon - I burn this iso image file to CD and it will read (hopefully) an NTFS file system?
...or is this just for Linux...it sounds like it will do both...a live CD and drive restoration...??

Yes Knoppix and read NTFS and read/write FAT32, so make sure to save the recovered files to a USB drive maybe or to a FAT32 partition.

bobb4ku

To Dan O - since the two programs I found via your link are demo, will they just show me
the files but not allow recovery until I buy?

To n7Epsilon - I think I can setup something that would give me the space needed...thanks

will post back in a couple days ("have" to go out of town) to let you know what happen...
thanks so much! (y) (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.