How to reconfigure "on screen display"?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Igoofed

Hi all,

Can anyone help me with how to reconfigure the onscreen display in win98? When I go into control panel and open "onscreen display", it shows font size as normal or whatever I set it at but it doesn't have a font in the box --when I put one in, it immediately is out of there again. I inadvertantly messed this up and all the type in all the gray windows boxes is way too small to be comfortable reading it.

Hi Igoofed, Welcome to TSG !!
Right click the desktop, Select properties, click on appearance, in the middle there is a scroll box. Scroll to icon and set size , font

Igoofed

Hi TW56.
Actually, I've done this repeatedly and it isn't helping. The only thing that is truly messed up is the font in the message boxes. If I didn't know what they say, I'm not sure that I could read them and it's not getting better, in fact, they seem to get smaller everyday though this I may be imagining since I've had this problem for several days

Ok go to the properties box click on the message box itself in window. this shold give you some options

Igoofed

I'm afraid that I've done that one too, TW56, and it is weird as it shows size 10 type and Times New Roman but that is not the font that is actually in those boxes and it must be about size 6. It does let me pick them there but it won't hold them which is what it is doing in the box "on screen display" in control panel and in truth it is only the size that is a problem as I don't really care which font it is.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online