How to reconnect automatically when wifi drops?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tiansen

Can I somehow automatically reconnect if my wireless network drops? Now I must choose Repair connection to reconnect. Can it be done automatically?

Tiansen

OK, but I am still searching for a solution to do automatic repairing. I think these problems will always appear occasionally. I have more routers with same firmware and I think that only one causes problems - it is not often, but it happens. I have more users using wireless, and they sometimes don't know what to do if network drops. So I want to automate this.

A simple batch file will do that but essentially that what the Repair Option is.

Tiansen

Yes, so I need program that will monitor wireless connection status and automatically run that batch or Repair Option.

I know of nothing that will monitor the signal and repiar it automatically.

TerryNet

Terry
With whatever wireless utility you are using make sure the desired network is the first listed preferred network and "auto connect to preferred network" is selected.

Tiansen

Yes thats cool, but sometimes it cannot reconnect until Repair Connection option is selected.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Perhaps there's something not quite right in the stack. Try this repair and see if it changes the behavior.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2 & Vista.

For XP, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

For Vista, Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online