How to recover ALL my deleted messages in hotmail ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

neuromancero

Hi,
I deleted by mistake my 22000 messages in my hotmail mailbox. These messages are now in the deleted folder of hotmail. The pb is when I select all the messages ("select eveything in your deleted message folder") I cannot do anything (move to inbox for instance). It would be too long to pick up in the 22000 the messages that i want to keep so what is the solution ? Thanks

etaf

Wayne
I'm assuming you are logged into the outlook.com webmail service
OR are you using a program for your email on a PC?

click to select them all
does it then show the Move item
click on move and choose inbox

neuromancero

Yes i am logged into the webmail. When i select "all" all the options i have are: delete, mark as read, and mark as unread :(

etaf

Wayne
strange, I get a lot more options then that

see screen shot below - can we see a screen shot from your email - this is an hotmail account - correct?

You could setup a client program on a PC as AES with hotmail - like Windows live mail, Thunderbird
Then you can use that application to move all the emails from the deleted folder back to the inbox or create another folder.

Do you have a PC with windows or an Apple with OSX ?

upload_2016-2-2_8-43-50.png

Last edited:

TulsaRose

Rosie
Have you tried this method? Of course, I'm only dealing with 24 items so it may not work with 22,000. (That number just blows my mind!) Rather than moving the items back to the Inbox, you could Move them to a New Folder.upload_2016-2-2_7-6-55.png

neuromancero

Thanks for you help guys, very appreciated, I finally solved the problem with thunderbird. A question, what do you think about mailstrom for email managing?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online