Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How to recover deleted files on PC ?

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  valis 
#1 ·
Hello guys,

usually when we delete any file on PC windows7 or XP, then we delete it again from the recyclebin,
it moves to another corner, and be hidden in some part on the hard disk,
I need to know some steps how to reach that folder where all deleted files are stored,
will be very much helpful if any helpful reply with the solution in the soonest possible,
Very much appreciated with many thanks in advance.
Best regards.

#2 ·
once you empty is from the recycle bin, Windows no longer recognizes it. It just marks the disk sectors as available to overwrite. You are going to need to use data recovery software like recuva and cross your fingers.

#3 ·
Valis: thanks for the reply,
I still remember around 2006 or 2007, that time i still using XP, i used to search on google and found some technical steps.. and found all deleted files are there with shadow-colored icons for all files, not bright as the files we see on desktop etc, even after get the computer formatted.. that sector of deleted files still hidden on some part on the HD,
I need to knw hw to access this folder of deleted stuff on windows7 and XP if possible, the spractical steps with many thanks,

#4 ·
That sounds almost like it hasnt been dumped from the recycle bin. Check there first. If the bin is empty, only way I know to find files that the OS has marked as gone (i.e., marked those parts of the hd open) is a recovery app like recuva.

#5 ·
Valis: yes I am talking about files that deleted from recyclebin, in which to be considered that completely erased from the PC,
so that means : all types of files that has been created, stored, shared on PC since the first operating day will be stored at some secrecy folder on the HD?
conclusion: as long as there is a way to reach this hidden folder and recover all deleted files, is there a way to get these files in the hidden folder deleted from there? or that's the final destination where all exixsted files will end up? and never gone out from HD no matter how many times we format the machine?
Will appreciated sharing your ideas and openion,
many thanks in advance.

#6 ·
No. There is no secrecy folder. The OS marks wherever those files are stored as unallocated space. Therefore the OS thinks they are gone. Thus, recovery apps such as Recuva. Its free; try it out.

#7 ·
Hello guys

I would like to recover all deleted files on my laptop that still run with XP,
I need a software that can recover all deleted items into a USB flash memory or a folder to be created on the desktop, is there any free software that can recover the lost files?
will appreciate any helpful feedback,
thanks

#8 ·
depends how old the data is/was, how long ago it had been over-written. Forensic recovery can run into the thousands of dollars quite easily.

Free ware will be Recuva. If that doesn't find what you are looking for, get ready to drop some cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.