1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved How to recover files from deleted partition

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Jezzelyn, Nov 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jezzelyn

Jezzelyn Thread Starter

Hello! I really need your help. I formatted a desktop computer - deleted all the partitions and created a new one. Now, a partition where all the needed files were formatted and deleted as well. Is there any way where I can recover the files? Thank you so much for your help!!

-Jezzelyn

2. Sponsor

3. draceplace

draceplace

Welcome to TSG to bad its under a terrible circumstance. I'm afraid since you have reformatted the drives this recovery may not happen.

Years ago I used this https://www.ntfsundelete.com/ and was able to recover 'deleted' files. There are others like GetDataBack and many of them will let you 'see' the recovery before paying for the software.

4. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor

You can try using this free software to see if the files can be seen by the software.

https://www.krollontrack.com/products/data-recovery-software/

If you strike out there, you can send in your drive to the above company for their professional services. It looks like they'll do a free eval on if the data is recoverable before giving you an estimate on how much.

But above all, if you really want any chance of recovering the data, do not leave the drive connected to the PC where any write operations can occur. I would only connect the drive under very specific guided steps.

5. Jezzelyn

Jezzelyn Thread Starter

Thank you!!!

6. Jezzelyn

Jezzelyn Thread Starter

Thank you so much!

7. managed

managed Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Allan
    PhotoRec is worth a try, it's free, not the easiest to use but this video explains it well :-

8. Jezzelyn

Jezzelyn Thread Starter

Thank you so much!!! :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1199021

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice