Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How To Recover My Data Off My Laptop Hard Drive

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Noyb 
#1 ·
Hi, I suppose you get this all the time but I have searched the internet and have only found one method of recovery.

Basically A virus has destroyed my operating system and I need a method of getting the data my laptop's hard drive. I have tried to install a new operating system using Ubuntu however once trying to install it says that there is not enough room on the hard drive which is understandable as it was pretty much full and when I installed ubuntu onto a USB stick It loaded through however I don't know how to access the original hard drive data when it loads through.

I wanted to know whether if there was an external method of taking the data off using another computer. The laptop is a Satellite A210 - 1C0.

Any Information would be great. Thanks.

#4 ·
No problem. The way those work is you take your hard drive out of your laptop and insert it into the enclosure. After connecting the wires to it you then use the supplied USB cable to connect it to another computer.

The trick is to buy the enclosure that fits your existing laptop hard drive. Most if not all laptops use a 2.5 inch hard drive. The connection coming off the hard drive is the important part. IDE older connection SATA newer connection. Each of those encosures state what type of internal interface is required to connect to your hard drive. SATA is real small about a half inch IDE is a wide connector.

Page 2 on that site has some for under $20.

#5 ·
Thanks for all the information I live in Britain so I will have a look around and see if I can find one here shuldn't be hard I guess if the stores know what i'm talking about. Then if not I can get one off that site I assume the laptops are universal anyway so all I need it to make sure I get the right size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.