1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to recover Pictures from a corrupt Flash Driver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Daniel59, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel59

Daniel59 Thread Starter

My flash drive malfunctioned and i cant view my famiily photos on my computer . Is there a way to recover them from the computers hardrive? They werent stored on the computer just the flash drive.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    If they weren't stored on the computer, then they can't be recovered from the computer.

Depending on how the drive "malfunctioned", they may be recoverable from that drive. I've used EaseUS Data Recovery in the past, but there are several other options (free and not free), and most will at least let you examine the drive to see if the data can be found before you actually buy the software.

Having said that, ALWAYS backup or make multiple copies of ALL data that you don't want to lose. Hardware is damaged and/or fails all the time. Usually without any warning. Be safe with the stuff that is important to you.

3. Daniel59

Daniel59 Thread Starter

Thank you so much for your quick response its greatly appreciated

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224584

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice