1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved How to Redirect Printer In Remote Session App

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by TooGood88, Nov 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TooGood88

TooGood88 Thread Starter

I have 2 offices and i have 2 computer stations. 1 office is on a local account and i only remote into that computer. I want to redirect my printer in both offices. FOr example. WHen i am in office 1, i print at my printer in that office..... when i am in my office 2, i would like to print on local printer in that office.

I hate to keep having to go into printer settings and changing the printer every time. I forget sometimes and it prints in the other office 1.

Thank you

2. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Are you asking how to change the default printer for each computer?

3. TooGood88

TooGood88 Thread Starter

Yes but i do not like manually changing the printer settings. My friend at work redirects his printer so that when he is in the empty office, he connects through remote session but the printer is connected to the local printer in office.

4. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    I am still a little confused on your completely what you are trying to do. but it sounds like you just need to change the default printer on each computer so they print to the correct printer at each location

How to set a default printer in Windows 10
    • Email
    • Print
    • To choose a default printer, select the Start button and then Settings . Go to Devices > Printers & scanners > select a printer > Manage. Then select Set as default. If you have Let Windows manage my default printer selected, you'll need to deselect it before you can choose a default printer on your own.
    • In Windows 10, your default can be the printer you last used. To turn on this mode, open Start and selectSettings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Select the checkbox beside Let Windows manage my default printer.

5. TooGood88

TooGood88 Thread Starter

Yes but when i remote into my second office, it brings with it my printer settings from office 1.

6. TooGood88

TooGood88 Thread Starter

i am also on my works domain if that makes a different

7. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Domain shouldnt make a difference. What software are you using remoting into the other office?

8. statusunknown

statusunknown

try change RDP session(s) for either office to use local resources and save that rdp sessions for office one, office two... therefore resulting in TWO different RDP sessions.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1198968

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice