1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to reduce or can I delete pagefile.sys

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by chinchye, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chinchye

chinchye Thread Starter

Hi,
    I am using windowsXP.
    Can I /how do I reduce the size of c:\pagefile.sys

The pagefile in my system is 1.1gb

Thanks

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

http://www.theeldergeek.com/paging_file.htm

How to manually change the size of the virtual memory paging file
    You must be logged on as an administrator or as a member of the Administrators group to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from completing this procedure. 1. Click Start, click Run, and then type sysdm.cpl in the Open box.
    2. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Performance.
    3. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Change under Virtual memory.
    4. Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file that you want to change.
    5. Under Paging file size for selected drive, click Custom size, type a new paging file size in megabytes (MB) in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, and then click Set.
    If you decrease the size of either the initial or maximum paging file settings, you must restart your computer to see the effects of those changes. When you increase the paging file size, you typically do not have to restart your computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704468