1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to reformat with home...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Neo_Vex, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neo_Vex

Neo_Vex Thread Starter

How in the world can I completely reformat my computer with Xp Home? (and I dont have a floppy drive, it's a laptop)

2. Miz

Miz

Your XP CD contains everything you need to reformat and reinstall.

Just boot with the XP CD in the CD drive and if the computer asks, tell it you want to boot from the CD. Then follow the prompts on the screen...take your time, easy to try to rush through and miss some critical step.

If it won't boot from the CD drive, you'll need to go into the BIOS and set the CD drive as the first boot device.

3. Neo_Vex

Neo_Vex Thread Starter

What is the best file system to use when your gonna run XP Professional?

And also, I'm tyring to get my files back off another computer, I've already set up the network, and I can see his hard drive on my laptop. I already set folder permissions on his computer so their shared, but when I try and access them on my computer it says I dont have permission. What should I check?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168313

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice