how to remove a link that mysteriously moved to my drop down context menu

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stupidJohnny

In my right click drop down context menu that contains browser comands such as back , cut, paste , undo, select all, wallpaper,etc. I have acquired a hardcore movie shortcut which takes me to a xxx site which I do not want. I was wondering how it got there and how to remove it. I know nothing, so please help

Welcome to Tech Support Guy.
Check below for what Tony has to say in another thread, and then restart your computer.

Hope this helps. Let us know.
jm100dm

TonyKlein
Distinguished Member

Diemen, The Netherlands
Joined Aug 2001
6619 Posts

(IP)
(01-27-2003 02:14 PM) report / quote / edit (#13)

Do this to get rid of the context menu entry:

Go to Start > Run > Regedit, and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt

Under MenuExt you will see subfolders named for the menu entries in question.

Click one of them and look in the right pane.

The default value points to a htm file.

Rightclick the menu entry you wish to remove, and choose Delete from the menu.

Cheers,

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts