1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to remove an internet gateway

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ssidnandan, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ssidnandan

ssidnandan Thread Starter

i use a 256kbps adsl broadband connection on a network of 3 computers through a switch
    i tried to set up a small home or office network ,and succeded but the problem is now my laptop connects through a gateway and not directly from lan .i want to remove this connection and create an entirely new network connection
    please help...........

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Do you have a problem? Sometimes my Network Connections shows an Internet Gateway (see attached) and sometimes it doesn't. I do not know why it makes an appearance but it has never caused any problem so I have ignored it.

Attached Files:

• ig.jpg
      ig.jpg
      File size:
      41.4 KB
      Views:
  3. ssidnandan

ya exactly the same problem see its properties it shows 4mbps while a normal connection shows 100mbps it restricts speed and moreover it leaves u unprotected on the network
    if anyone can help plz do sooon..........

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I can't check mine now because it has disappeared (on its own volition). Maybe that's your actual bandwidth. What are you supposed to be getting and what do you actually get with something like Speakeasy?

A 100 Mbps NIC connection will show a nominal bandwidth of 100 Mbps. Even with computer to computer transfer you won't actually get that.

I doubt it does anything. As above, what internet access are you expecting and what do you actually get?

Any connection leaves you unprotected on the network unless you are behind a router or using a firewall. What's your point?

5. ssidnandan

well...
    this gateway has slowed down the speed i dont know why!
    so i just want 2 remove it please help....

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759445

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice