1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to remove dust and fluff from desktop

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by SilverSurf, Aug 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SilverSurf

SilverSurf Thread Starter

Hello All

My desktop keeps crashing, have removed the side of the case and the processor and fans are clogged with dust and fluff causing the system to overheat. I don't think using anything metal or a domestic vacuum cleaner is the right thing to use. Hoiw should I remove this stuff?

Regards Silversurf

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    A portable hair dryer on its highest blower speed and coolest temperature setting is what I use for blowing excessive dust and debris out of a desktop case.
    If the processor's heat sink/cooling fan is clogged with dust and debris, you may need to remove the cooling fan first so the heat sink can be properly cleaned.
    Take your time and be careful you don't dislodge or damage anything inside the case.

---------------------------------------------------------------

AmateurJohn likes this.
  3. SilverSurf

SilverSurf Thread Starter

Hello flavallee - thanks very much for your help, will follow your advice.

Regards Silversurf

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213993

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice