1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to Remove Error Message: "This copy of MS Office is not Genuine."??

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Rob1960, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rob1960

Rob1960 Thread Starter

I just started getting an error message headed "Miscrosoft Genuine Advantage" stating my copy of Office is about to be marked "not authentic." How can I delete the source and cause of this message. Why am I getting this. My computer is 5 years and this has never happened till now.

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

3. Rob1960

Rob1960 Thread Starter

Was this part of a recent Microsoft Update?

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    It has been out for a couple of years or more now.
    This is one that some people think is not needed and do not install and then hide. It is starting to bite those who refuse to install the needed updates.

5. Rob1960

Rob1960 Thread Starter

Where would this particular one be installed? And how would I uninstall or delete it.

I hve kept up with the updates, but this one was apparently in an update I did about two weeks ago.

6. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
  7. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

If your copy of Office really is genuine then you would have no need to unistall the update that is causing your copy of Office to be flagged as not genuine. Or it may have nothing to do with the issue you are having at all.

Repeating my earlier post, download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage tool: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 and post the log here.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921213

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice