1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to remove i/o port plate on atx case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ubamous3, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ubamous3

ubamous3 Thread Starter

hi

i bought a chieftec midtower case and transfer my other computer (p4) and atx form factor; this is my first time doing this so i'm being overly cautious

the i/o ports on the new case don't match exactly those on the current motherboard, so i'm trying to push out the i/o plate and will use the plate that's on the current computer, but it doesnt seem to be coming out and i dont want to force it out n break it; is there a trick to this?

i know this is very simple for most of you but i'm very new at this hardware fiddling

thanks a lot :)

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    It will depend on the case. Sometimes the I/O panel pops inot the case or other times it needs to be cut/broken off. Do you have a camera? If so post a clear, close-up picture.

3. ubamous3

ubamous3 Thread Starter

thanks triple6; i got it figured out; i kinda had to force out the io plate on the new case to get it out and i have managed to put the motherboard on using the old io plate that came with the mobo; the next hard thing for me would be figureing out how/wheere to connect the led/hdd switch from the motheboard to the case b/c there's no insruction on the case n it'snot quite clear cut on the motherboard diagram either ; i have installed ide devices before so that shouldnt be hard (hopefully)

thanks agian :)

4. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Normally the wires are color coded. On most motherboards when you connect the wires, you would have the white wire closest to the front of the case. This isn't always true depending on the manufactuers..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273052

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice