1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to remove McAfee shield for a trusted program

Discussion in 'General Security' started by caheld, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caheld

caheld Thread Starter

I had the Jacquie Lawson Advent Calendar (jacquielawson.com) running on my Windows 7 computer until a couple of days ago. Then, I no longer had the icon show up and after many attempts to make it work again, I ended up de-installing the Calendar, downloaded and ran PC Cleaner, re-installed Adobe Air, re-downloaded McAfee Total Protection, and re-installed the Advent Calendar.

Now I have an icon on my desktop for the Calendar that has a McAfee shield on it. When I tried to open it, I got a screen asking if this was a trusted company (or similar language). I click Yes, and nothing happens.

Now when I try to open the icon, I don't even get the screen, absolutely nothing happens.

I'd love to see the rest of this awesome Advent Calendar before Christmas.

Anyone help?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032156

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice