1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to remove microsoft office click to run 2010 beta

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by julia071, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. julia071

julia071 Thread Starter

Please help!!!!!!

i have tried and tried every thing i have ever learned. stopping the processes to not allowing them to access my computer. i need help getting this off because i can not put my old office back on my computer. the link i have seen posted in several place no longer works. i have tried to stop the program from inheriting information. i am at my wits end. i have tried for 2 months to remove this program.. thank you

2. doctorzeus

doctorzeus

If you can't get rid of it you can always do it manually by booting to safe mode and then remove the program as well as any registry keys assosiated with it...

Hope this Helps

Doctorzeus

3. julia071

julia071 Thread Starter

i tried to remove in safe mode and it still would not uninstall. any more suggestions? please help

4. doctorzeus

doctorzeus

I mean removing it manually..not uninstalling it, but before you try that...have you tried disabling it on startup using Run->msconfig ?

Hope this Helps!

Doctorzeus

5. julia071

julia071 Thread Starter

i did stop the service which was one of the first things i did..... i dont know how to manually remove it..... can you please tell me how? thank you

6. doctorzeus

doctorzeus

I'm assuming that you already tried to uninstall it by add/remove programs? Why doesn't this work? Can you tell me what it says when you try and uninstall it? I kinda need more info before I can tell you how to proceed...

However this is how to un-install it manually(although you might wanna reply to my questions before going ahead with this because its kinda the last resort short of re-installing your OS and there may be a better way)

Note: That this method if done properly will remove it but you have to be carefull (don't delete any registry keys your unsure about and read my comment at the bottom) ok:

1. Boot to safe mode
    2. Find Microsoft Office click to run 2010 beta in "C:\Program Files\(Maybe "\microsoft office\")
    3. Once you have found the folder with it located in highlight it
    4. Delete the folder with the program in
    5. The actual program should now be deleted, the rest is basically clean-up
    6. Assuming you use Windows Vista/7 goto C:\Users\(your user name)\Appdata\Local\
    (Note that "Appdata" is a hidden folder so your need to "show hidden files and folders" in the "folder option" form in the control panel)
    7. Search for any folders with the programs name(will probubly be under \Local\Microsoft\ or \Roaming\Microsoft\)
    8. Delete them when you find them
    9. Hold down the Windows Icon button on your keyboard and press 'R'
    10. A run box should appear type "regedit"
    11. Now comes the slightly difficult part, you need to search for any registry keys related to the program
    12. Look Under "Hkey_current_user\Software\(again maybe \Microsoft\"
    13.There should/might be keys relating to the programs name, delete them (e.g. "Hkey_current_user\Software\(again maybe \Microsoft\Click to run 2010" delete "Click to run 2010" (I don't have this app so can't tell you the actual name))
    14. Repeat with "Hkey_Local_Machine\Software\"
    15. Re-boot and it should be gone

Uninstalling it through add/remove is a better method though, you have the possbility of screwing up your install if not done properly, usually a re-install fixes this but sometimes the program is just stuck there forever hence why I would rather find another method..

Hope this Helps

Doctorzeus

7. julia071

julia071 Thread Starter

it says "this action cannot be completed. try action again. if problem continues, contact microsoft product support. but it cost 49.00 to contact them.

8. doctorzeus

doctorzeus

9. julia071

julia071 Thread Starter

that link that they posted for repairing it will not work anymore.... its says "
    404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

btw there is not folder for this program..... its only in the control panel and stops me from putting a different office on my computer

10. doctorzeus

doctorzeus

This if from the link:

Hope This Helps

Doctorzeus

11. julia071

julia071 Thread Starter

i have tried everything i can get for free.... nothing is working.... i followed your links and did everything it said again but nothing worked. i have restarted after every step hoping it would work but didnt. any more suggestions?

12. doctorzeus

doctorzeus

I would say contact Microsoft Support via E-mail or phone and they should give you recommendations of how to proceed next...wish I could help you further but I've never used this application.

My other suggestion would just google "click to run" and then your error code...it sounds like a lot of people are having this problem as well however it seems to be for the beta version rather than the full..

Maybe someone else has a suggestion?

Good Luck

Doctorzeus

13. doctorzeus

doctorzeus

Hey,

One thing I just thought of, have you tried re-installing it?

That might repair the 404 - File or directory not found error and restore all the paths..then you could uninstall it.

14. julia071

julia071 Thread Starter

it cost money to email or phone them which is stupid..... yes a lot of people have the same problem..... i will try to reinstall it and then uninstall... i have not tried that one yet...... keep your fingers crossed and thank you for trying to help..... i will let u know if that works...:)

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971474

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice