1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to remove ubuntu

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by david112211, Jan 29, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. david112211

david112211 Thread Starter

Hello.

I am trying to fully remove Ubuntu.
    As of now I still have to select windows during system boot.
    Can someone explain how to fully remove Ubuntu, my goal is to have my computer start directly into windows as it normally would.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Delete, or erase the contents of, the partition in which Ubuntu was installed. Also do the same with the swap partition that probably exists.

With the addition of this complexity it is impossible to give exact instructions as you haven't given us any information about how you set up the boot or what Windows version or type of hard drive.

First I'd make Windows the default system to boot, and make the delay very short (1 second). Second I'd make sure I had the media and knowledge to 'repair the boot' after abolishing Ubuntu if that action also wiped out the ability to boot the Windows installation.

3. david112211

david112211 Thread Starter

Hi Terry and thanks very much for your response.
    As for background I basically don't know what I am doing.
    I'm a bit out of my comfort zone at this point. I have plenty of memory and can leave the partitions for the time being.

How would you recommend I go about setting windows to default boot.

Thanks again!

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Your dual boot was set up during the Ubuntu installation? Grub (1) or Grub2?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222448

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice