1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to remove unwanted program

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by alugal, Dec 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alugal

alugal Thread Starter

Hello Friends!

How do you remove a program from "add remove"? I wish to remove a program called netropa. It shows up in add remove but the only option I can find is "install". Is there a way to remove unwanted programs other than the add remove feature? I use ME.

Thanks in advance, Tom

2. brianF

brianF

This is from their site

Select Settings/Control Panel from the Windows Start menu. Click on the Add/Remove Programs icon in the Windows control panel. Scroll down to Netropa Internet Receiver and double-click on it to uninstall.

NOTE: If you installed Internet Receiver in conjuction with certain versions of multimedia keyboard software, you may not find Netropa Internet Receiver in the Add/Remove Programs list. In this particular case, you must instead uninstall your multimedia keyboard software and then re-install it with the Netropa Internet Receiver checkbox un-checked.

If that doesn't work you should be able to go to start/run/type msconfig and press enter, go to the startup tab, fine the line that loads the program and uncheck it. Hopefully next time you boot up it won't load

3. alugal

alugal Thread Starter

Thanks Brian!
    That was great. I was able to remove the offending program, following your excellent advice.Tom

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62454

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice