1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to remove words on an image?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by lsdirrm, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lsdirrm

lsdirrm Thread Starter

I have a jpg image, but there are some words on it. I use paint shop 8.10, but crop tool will cut the whole area where the words locate in. Is it possible to remove only those words while keep the image complete? like filtering or whatever? thx

2. vanner

vanner

Depending on the image you could either copy a similar area from another part of
    the picture and paste it over the text. Then blend it in.

Or you could use the 'Clone' tool to remove it.

A little time consuming but not too difficult.

But sadly I haven't heard of any 'Quick' fix filters !!

3. lsdirrm

lsdirrm Thread Starter

thx for reply

If I copy another part of the image to cover the words part, the image will look incontinuous. The clone tool is interesting, but there are too many options. It takes time to learn how to use it.

4. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

Can you post the pic here? Someone will take a stab at it I'm sure.

5. vanner

vanner

Yeah, if it doesn't offend the eye !! :p.

6. wanabe_buck

wanabe_buck Guest

sound like you're trying to get rid of a watermark or copyright ;)

post the image...if, as has been said...it's not offensive

buck

7. lsdirrm

lsdirrm Thread Starter

hmm,

Actually it's a naked pic :) I want to make it as my wallpaper. But there are white color words like www.....com at the bottom of the pic. I want to remove that words. I don't think it's appropriate to post that pic in here. ;) But I can show you a similar example. Here is a pic of Jennifer Lopez:
    http://home.swipnet.se/bjornolsson/postcards/jennifer-lopez.jpg

So could you remove the words at the bottom and the label on the up left corner? thx

8. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

Sure I could, but it's a copyright violation. So I guess the answer is......you're on your own here.

9. lsdirrm

lsdirrm Thread Starter

hmm,

It's only a pic and I made it as my wallpaper at my home computer. I don't use it in commerciality. Why bother to ask me post the pic? If you actually don't know how to do, please just say you don't know instead of crap. (n)

10. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

Here dude............I don't have to do anything, but I don't lie either!

The vagueness of your original post gave no indication as-to the nature of the lettering. It could be from anything. I (and many others around here) could rearange the letters on a stop sign in a photo that you took. Your attitude about this sucks.

Attached Files:

11. Alexps

Alexps

Use the cloning tool, it effectivelly "paints" over the letters copying the adjacent area over the text. I have done it with a picture of an ocelot on the cover of a Smithonian magazine. You may need to experiment with the size anfeathering of the brush. Also if the surounding background is not uniform you will need to use brush strokes paralles to the pattern if any.
    Have fun

12. etoh25

etoh25

Give the guy a break, you asked him to post the pic and then gave him a hard time. Whatever

etoh

13. sprocket

sprocket

i use PS7and i find both the 'clone' and 'healing' tool a great combination for touching up images for my work... and that's the way i would proceed for your case....time consuming and requires experimentation if you are new to it.....
    not sure of any other way though... sorry.

14. vanner

vanner

Well, I aint getting into any arguments/discussions over
    'Copyright' or 'Sucking' :rolleyes:..... I have my own views on
    those particular topics.

If you want to have a crack at a bit of 'Image' manipulation, have a look at:

http://www.tut.pspug.org/tutphoto/haywagon_v7.htm

Might help

15. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

It's all in how you go about asking.

I did ask him to post the pic and Buck added the part about "if appropriate". That did not directly mean that anyone would be required to do anything with it. Buck pointed out the "watermark/copyright" issue and the guy posted it anyway? Then comes the insult of
    Are you kidding me? This is a volunteer forum, even if it wasn't a copyright issue, I wouldn't do it now.

Where etoh25 gets his/her 2cents from I don't know............The asking to post the pic was to evaluate it............that I did and even if it wasn't a problem, it wasn't the "right" pic anyway.Then be insulted? Whatever to you too!!! You didn't even offer any help? Just commented to bust my chops?

Just fore the record I see very little difference in "teaching someone to violate the law and doing it for them"

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/180809