1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to remove words on explorer ?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by TKL, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TKL

TKL Thread Starter

I actually have to describe the problem. My first internet provider was AT&T and at the very top blue part of the explorer page whenever I open any web page will say for example "tech suport guy forums - microsoft internet explorer provided by AT&T". I want to remove the "provided by AT&T" wording because I'm sick of looking at it since I haven't used their service for over 2 years now. It's a little thing but it bugs the heck out of me because I can't find it in the registry to delete the words. Help, I can't stare at it any longer !!!!

Oh yeah, I'm using Win 98 SE, Internet Explorer 6.0

Thsk !

2. amthmi

amthmi

Open the registry editor again and click on Edit then Find and type
    exact phrase you want to remove, in this case, provided by AT&T.
    Click on the FindNext button and wait for the search to do it's thing. When a key and
    value containing the unwanted title bar is located, click on Edit then click on Modify.
    At this point use the left arrow key to move the cursor to the space between
    Explorer and provided then press the Delete key until all of the unwanted phrase is gone.
    Continue the search until you find all instances of the phrase.

This key may be the only place you find it tho.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

3. TKL

TKL Thread Starter

Thanks AMTHMI !

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, I waited 2 years to do this and it took 1 minute actual time t fix it, God, I'm so lame. I also remembered that I wanted to say "how to remove explorer branding" but didn't know what it was called. Now it looks so plain, oh I miss that branding already.... I found this forum by accident and it rocks, thanks again..

TKL

4. amthmi

amthmi

Pleasure !

5. bozz

bozz

Just an added note. I 've used a little program called IE Restore to do this. Glad you were able to get rid of the branding. I had AT&T at one time. I found this app when I changed ISP's.

http://www.wrsent.com/software.php?refId=mast

6. TKL

TKL Thread Starter

thanks, and its a free (donate) program. I'll download for friends who don't want to registry but the instructions given by amthmi was bang on.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167755

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice