How to remove words on explorer ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TKL

I actually have to describe the problem. My first internet provider was AT&T and at the very top blue part of the explorer page whenever I open any web page will say for example "tech suport guy forums - microsoft internet explorer provided by AT&T". I want to remove the "provided by AT&T" wording because I'm sick of looking at it since I haven't used their service for over 2 years now. It's a little thing but it bugs the heck out of me because I can't find it in the registry to delete the words. Help, I can't stare at it any longer !!!!

Oh yeah, I'm using Win 98 SE, Internet Explorer 6.0

Thsk !

Open the registry editor again and click on Edit then Find and type
exact phrase you want to remove, in this case, provided by AT&T.
Click on the FindNext button and wait for the search to do it's thing. When a key and
value containing the unwanted title bar is located, click on Edit then click on Modify.
At this point use the left arrow key to move the cursor to the space between
Explorer and provided then press the Delete key until all of the unwanted phrase is gone.
Continue the search until you find all instances of the phrase.

This key may be the only place you find it tho.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

TKL

Thanks AMTHMI !

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, I waited 2 years to do this and it took 1 minute actual time t fix it, God, I'm so lame. I also remembered that I wanted to say "how to remove explorer branding" but didn't know what it was called. Now it looks so plain, oh I miss that branding already.... I found this forum by accident and it rocks, thanks again..

TKL

TKL

thanks, and its a free (donate) program. I'll download for friends who don't want to registry but the instructions given by amthmi was bang on.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online