1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to restore/reload thunderbird address book

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by barnido, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. barnido

barnido Thread Starter

I'm running windows xp and mozilla thunderbird e-mail client. Recently, my
    hard disk crapped out such that it wouldn't boot, although loading it into
    another computer as a second drive, I could still get to the folders and data.
    I have a new hard disk installed, along with original crapped-out drive as
    the second drive - windows xp re-installed, etc., etc. - seems to be working.
    Can someone tell me how to recover/reload the thunderbird e-mail folders/messages AND the thunderbird address book entries? Is it possible
    to re-point/re-direct the re-installed thunderbird client to the "old" structure?
    Or, would I be able to copy files to the new locations? Thanks for any help you can provide.

barnido

2. Taoyuan

Taoyuan

[Taoyuan]

Try to find the following:

X:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\youraccount.default\

(with X being the letter of your old drive, Username your Username and youraccount your Thunderbird account name)

You will find all the data here, esp. in the subfolder \Mail\Local Folders\, where your old email boxes are stored. If you have not used Thunderbird on the new install yet, just copy the old boxes to the new location. If you already have new email in your inbox or so, remember to move them first to a neutral mailbox, one that will not be overwritten.
    Your address book should be the abook.mab file.

[/Taoyuan]

3. barnido

barnido Thread Starter

Thank you very much!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/316062