How to Restrict Web-Browsing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rk.Mishra

Dear Friends,
Please let me know how to restrict Web Browsing in a PC ? I need to allow few websites only. PC is on WinXP SP-2 having both IE and Mozilla....Can some firewals solve this problem ? please suggest. I need it for my office PC and want to restrict my staff to browse unwanted sites.
Thanx

This can be done in some routers, such as Netgear. If your router supports this you should see something like "Block sites" or "Parental Control" somewhere in your router admin area.

If your router doesnt include site blocking you could try some free parental control software.

K9 uses categories to protect users, if a site falls into one of the categories, it should be blocked. I havnt used this software, just going on the decription on the site.
http://www1.k9webprotection.com/

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online