How to salvage "Corrupted" images that are still viewable?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ozmai

I have a hard drive that has passed a full diagnostic test but shows "File Structure Test Result: Failed with critical Errors".
The images on the C drive are still viewable, I can view and open them all no problem however when I try to copy them to a back-up drive the operation fails and I get a "corrupted" file message.
If they are corrupted how come they are all viewable? How can I save them? Any software that will correct the file structure and salvage my images?
Thanks.

Maybe only one (or a few) are corrupted? Have you tried transferring just one?
If not try using something like Irfanview to Move or Copy the files to a new location.
or
You could archive all the pics in a zip file(no compression) and copy the zip file across, then extract.

ozmai

DaveBurnett said:
Open in your viewer and SAVE AS.
I have hundreds if not more. Not really an option, unless you have software that will batch "save as".

This is in the wrong section, have a moderator move it to hardware forum or something. :D

Anyway, did you try a program like Norton's Disk Doctor?
I'd say it's a problem in the FAT table or something like that.... I suppose your drive is FAT32? Try any one of those disk repair programs and see what it comes up with, it's probably fixable.

Cheers

/NL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online