1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to save Frontpage based website to disk. HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by JohnnySonic, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JohnnySonic

JohnnySonic Thread Starter

Please help me. I created my first website using Frontpage 2002. All worked great and it is saved on the hard drive of my old computer. The site is already on the internet through a host. Now I need to save my entire site to disk(s) so I can work on it on my new computer. I have installed Frontpage on my new computer but do not know how to get my website files off the old computer and into the program in the new computer. Please help!!!

2. Snake~eyes

Snake~eyes

Simple

JUst open two folders, the first one the A:

the second will be the folder where you have saved your website, just click on it and drag it over to the A: folder

good luck

3. suzi

suzi

Snake~Eyes - will that work? He's talking about 2 different computers, moving files from the hold hard drive to the new one, unless I misunderstood.

JohnnySonic, there's a couple of ways I can think of:

1. use your FTP program that you upload your files to the web with to download them into the folder on the new hard drive. I'm assuming you can do that; I haven't used FrontPage- I'm assuming it has its own FTP. (like Dreamweaver does).

2. If you have a cd burner on your old computer you could burn the files to cd and then install on the new one. Or do it with floppies depending on how many files you have.

There's also a USB cable you can get to transfer date from the old computer to the new. Hope this helps.

4. Snake~eyes

Snake~eyes

Yes the disk will work. After he moves it to the A:, take out the disk and put the disk in the other computer doing the same thing but copying from the A:l to where you want to put the website

5. suzi

suzi

I gotcha now ;) snake~eyes, I didn't read your post right. When you said A I wasn't thinking of drive A - dunno what I was thinking of.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113766

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice