1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to save webpage with content in Firefox, Chrome browser?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by momtaz, Apr 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. momtaz

momtaz Thread Starter

Hello Tech guys,

Usually when I want to save a webpage with its full contents as archive usring IE browser,
    follow the following steps: click file > Save as > slect save as type (Web Archive file (*.mht) then click save,

Recently, started moving bookmarks, etc to FireFox and Chrome, but I faced such issues that not used to be familar with,
    Kindly advise about this, and if any extra tips of using firefox, chrome will be much more appreciated,
    Best regards.

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Firefox: click on File then Save Page As or ctrl+ S does the same thing. You can either keep the suggested name or give it a new one but make sure the extension is htm.

3. renegade600

renegade600

the easiest way to move bookmarks between different browser is to use a third party addon such as xmarks. that is what I use. as far as saving pages, you can do a save as or use the view offline setting - depending on why you are saving the pages.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Both Firefox and Chrome can import bookmarks and other settings from IE, no need for a third party program. In Chrome go to the 3 horizontal bar menu at the top right and then "Bookmarks" and from that sub menu choose "Import Bookmarks and Settings".

To save a webpage in Chrome, go to that same three horizontal bar menu and choose "Save Page As".

5. renegade600

renegade600

true, but when you start moving between different browsers, they may not always be in the same order nor in the same locations. that is why I suggested a third party utility. It will eliminate any manual moving required to get the bookmarks where you want them.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146901

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice