1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to search when details are not complete

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by JohanV1, Mar 15, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. JohanV1

JohanV1 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I am hoping that someone can help me. I need to find a specific website but the URL is not complete.
    This is what I have to search for - https://ete*.pro/i**ite/G**ONYYW
    Nothing that I have tried has worked.
    Thanks
    Johan

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    We don't click on unknown webpage links, so I didn't click yours.

What's the name of the website you're looking for?
    Have you tried doing a Google or Bing search for it?

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. JohanV1

JohanV1 Thread Starter

That's the problem. I need to find the site and that is the only information that I have. I am on a site where I get paid to do searches but this one I cannot find. I've been active there for over 3 months and have never been sent to a dodgy site.
    I have tried every trick I know in Google using wild cards and domain specific searches but no luck. Google does not seem to have a search option for a missing letter wildcard only for missing words.

I'll try Bing. I've not used that before. Do I need to install a search bar?

4. RT

RT

Every one wants a search engine that "knows what you mean..." but that's not a real thing yet.
    And no, you do not have to install a search bar, it'll take over your browser, if you allow it. you can just got the search site and opt out of the bar, or any other "cling ons" that entail.
    Or if installed, you can still remove it, via any Windows Add/Remove version (assuming that's your OS)

I did click on your link, and right clicked, but appears invalid.

There are lots of search engines, some are category specific...
    HERE is a basic list of common search engines.

No disrespect meant, you if you're paid you should know/try all and with different browsers too.
    Just my two centavos worth .

5. JohanV1

JohanV1 Thread Starter

And valuable centavos they are too :) Unfortunately the company dictates the search criteria, in this case Google, but since I can't find it there my pernicity nature insists that I find it.
    I will try the other search engines. Thanks.

6. JohanV1

JohanV1 Thread Starter

I have managed to narrow the search down but the link appears to be an affiliate referral link therefore it can actually not be found.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224512

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice