1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to see CLB files

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by oneblack, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oneblack

oneblack Thread Starter

Someone sent me a list of contacts, but I can't open it in Outlook. What programs can I use to read a CLB file?

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

I just looked up CLB and there seems to be a ton of them... Easy CD Creator, ICQ, Corel, MS, and many others. I think the best thing to ask the person on the other end HOW they made this file they sent you.

3. oneblack

oneblack Thread Starter

I can't really ask the person who sent it because I'm supposed to KNOW the answer to this and the person thinks I know ... I don't want to look dumb! What is MS? Also, I don't have Corel, but will Adobe PS or AI work instead, or maybe Fireworks?

4. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

MS is microsoft and this is for COM+, Corel is a library file so I would not think that is it,

IMHO I would bet its the ICQ if it had contact information but thats just a wild guess.

5. oneblack

oneblack Thread Starter

I don't have ICQ. I know it's an instant messaging program though... When I download it, how should I open the files?

6. oneblack

oneblack Thread Starter

For some reason, Cnet wont let me download ICQ... I get as far as Clicking the download button, but then nothing happens. Is there any other program I could use? Any Office program maybe?

7. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Nope usually these kinds of files are propritary to what makes them. I would try another download sitel ike downloads.com or something. Your proabbly going to have to open up an ICQ account log in import this and then try and find a way to export to a stanrard text file or something.

8. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

Try opening it in excel or some other spreadsheet/database programs you may have. It seems likely to be a databse form and if that fails open it in notepad.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/469288