1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to see fps..

Discussion in 'Games' started by Freakchris03, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Freakchris03

Freakchris03 Thread Starter

Yeah i just wanted to know how i can see how many fps my card is running at. And also, When i play far cry my texture detail is going on medium now.. It use to run on very high when i first go my computer, im just wondering whats going on. And games are seeming a bit sluggish. Is it maybe because i need a updated driver or something? I have a Ati Radieon 9800 pro 128mb..

2. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    For seeing the fps, very few games (as far as I've experienced (very limited)) have a function to see the frame rate so...just look, you never know what you'll find. :confused:

As for the games l a g g i n g...hard drive/partition space? Fragmentation? My Unreal Tournament 2004 was gagging on the 10GB partition I tried to run it on (stupid defaults, I set it to C:, when D: (set for games) is at 130GB). I changed that, and now it's good.

3. Normal_crimi

Normal_crimi

4. colmaca

colmaca

if you are talking about farcry, then you must bring up the consol ingame by hitting the ~ key just below Esc and type in "\r_displayinfo 1"without the quotes,0 will turn it off

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271122

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice