1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to Send Copy of Software over the internet

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Grandma2000, Nov 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Grandma2000

Grandma2000 Thread Starter

Hi, I purchased and downloaded a copy of Norton Anti Virus software about a month ago. My son needs it for his PC and he is out of state. I tried to send it in an email but the file was too big. How can I send it to my son using the internet besides emailing? Thanks ..

2. p5mmx10g

p5mmx10g

what kind of internet connection do you have? 56k or dsl?

and how large is the norton program,

you can use winzip to zip up the progam then send it.
    if you are using 56k modem, use prority mail is faster. =)

3. angel

angel

I'd be willing to bet you're not going to be able to get it small enough to email.
    Do either of you have an ftp site or online storage you could place it for him to download?

4. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

Your son needs to purchase his own copy or you can physically mail him the CD. Sending him a copy is a violation of the license for the software. The software can only be installed on one computer.

5. rkselby98

rkselby98

There is a program out called "Shredder" or "File Shredder". It will break it into any size pieces you want and then at the other end it will put them back together.

You probably could find it by using a search engine.

6. Grandma2000

Grandma2000 Thread Starter

P5 and Angel thanks for answering the question I posed. I'll probably try and find an offsite storage site and let him pick it up from there. It would also come in handy with photos he sends me too.

Max, first off I didn't ask for a definition of the software piracy laws and if you'd pull your head out of your butt long enough to see the light of day you wouldn't have assumed I'd installed it on any PC. I never said I installed it on my PC. I bought it as a gift for him. And even if I hadn't, you'd be better served if you minded your own business rather than worrying about whose pirating software and who isn't. I'm a 75 year old grandmother of 12 and if I want to pirate software, I'll pirate software regardless of whether you like it or not. I'm sure if I dug into your background a little I'd find a few laws you've broken in your life time but I mind my own business. I suggest you try to do the same.

Regards,

Grandma

7. angel

angel

Max19 - how do you know she didn't purchase it FOR her son?

I don't know either but you cannot assume anything from her post.
    I've noticed you do that alot. Chill out.

*EDIT*
    I started replying before the last post so I didn't see it but I guess she set the record straight!

8. rkselby98

rkselby98

I thought we were here to help not to cause discontentment.

Let's all try to get along and work together and let the law makers take care of what is legal and illegal.

All have a great evening.

9. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

I don't appreciate your vulgarity, Grandma2000. I suggest you read the rules governing the use of this forum. They are very clear regarding piracy and insults. I'll give a chance to edit your post before reporting it to the forum moderators.

Also, it's illegal. You cannot pirate software if you want to regardless of your age.

10. angel

angel

Sorry, Max19, but I don't think that's going to get you anywhere since she didn't do anything illegal. As I mentioned before, there's is absolutely nothing mentioned in the original post that suggested she was pirating software.
    So, feel free to report it to the moderators but I doubt they will see anything wrong.

11. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    As she said, she wasn't pirating anything. It was never installed on her PC. I think before anyone assumes someone's pirating software, they need to get the facts straight. Though her remarks are a little on the blunt side, personally, I don't blame her for her response. I'd be offended too if I ask a simple question about how to send a file and was then lectured on software piracy laws.

12. rkselby98

rkselby98

And I didn't see and vulgarity, so lighten up. If anyone gets reported and booted off you should Max. Since you have been here I have seen you post more senseless post than anyone and so if I were you I'd sit back and maybe learn something.

13. rkselby98

rkselby98

I'd call it a very good suggestion and to me it sounds like the truth!!

14. angel

angel

Read the a few of your posts, Max19. Sorry, but you're posts have irritated me since about day one. If you don't realize it, then let this be a wake-up call - many of your posts are rude, condescending and have absolutely nothing to do with the original posters question.

15. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    I still don't see anything vulgar in the words "head out off your butt". Those words are uttered in the Random forum on a daily basis but if you think it violates the rules, report it to the moderators if you want to a Max. I've said all I care to about this. I really don't blame her for being upset.

BTW, since she never pirated anything, you've in reality violated a "Catagory 4" rule by harrassing and threating her when you suggested you'd report her to Symantec for something she never did. I see you edited that threat out of your post but it doesn't change the fact that I and I'm sure others saw it before you edited it out. And I know I'm not blind or seeing things either.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60185

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice