Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How to send email from currently active account in outlook express 2007

2K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  XtremeInjuries 
#1 ·
Hi all ,

I am using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, Microsoft Window XP Professional service pack 2.

I am using outlook express as a monitoring tool which sends email at the scheduled time lets say every after 6 hours.Presently It is using only one account under one profile but the problem with the existing behavior is that if by any chance that primary email account get disconnected from the exchange server it will not be able to send the email.

So in order to overcome this problem i have created one more email account that belongs to different exchange server under the same existing profile .what i m trying to achieve is ....if the primary email account is disconnected from the server at any time period .The outlook should use the secondary email account to send out the emails.how can i achieve this functionality ....Do we have any option in outlook to implement this ...please help .

I have been breaking my head like anything but could not find any useful results.Any help would be appreciated.:(

Thanks in advance

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, welcome to TSG forums!
I am only popping in to suggest that you update your computer to XP SP3. MS is no longer supporting SP 2. SP3 also includes some good security updates in it. You may need to run the updates after you install SP2..
I am sure someone will be by to help on the email problem...
Vicks

#3 ·
What do you mean by the following?
if the primary email account is disconnected from the server at any time period
Most all email programs will use the "Default" account to send a email unless the user selects a different account while preparing the email.

Also you have as about using Outlook Express 2007 (which I have never heard of) but stated that you are using Outlook 2007, which is part of MS Office. Which program are you asking about?

#4 ·
As i mentioned earlier in my post that i have two email accounts that belongs to different exchange servers under one profile .Presently the first one is being used to send the emails (this is considered as a primary account) and this is the account which i have marked as "Default" account for sending the emails while setting up the the outlook. if this email account is disconnected from the server ,it doesn't send any email .So in that case how can i control as in if first account (primary account) is not active the second account(secondary account) should take up the charge and send the email. is it possible ?

#7 ·
if this email account is disconnected from the server ,it doesn't send any email .

How are you doing this disconnecting from the server?

So in that case how can i control as in if first account (primary account) is not active the second account(secondary account) should take up the charge and send the email. is it possible ?

Only if the inactive account has been REMOVED from Outlook. If it is still in the "Accounts" area, then it will send the email by the default setting.

You have NOT answered my questions in my first post above, that is Numbered 3?

#8 ·
As i mentioned earlier i am using outlook express as a monitoring tool(monitoring tool means -- it check the system health and if everything is ok it send the email) ...so what i do is i leave the outlook express open whole day and night and it does its work of sending emails at the scheduled time period i.e every after 6 hours .sometimes when i dont get any email and early morning when i come to office and try to find the reason for not getting email ...then i come to know that the email account (primary account) is disconnected from the exchange server thats y it was not able to send the email ...so just to overcome this problem i have set up one more account so that if the first one (primary account) is not able to send the eamail the second account(secondary account) should take the responsibilty and send the email .

above i mentioned one line DISCONNECTED FROM EXCHANGE SERVER , let me rephrase it

1.if the server is down on the other side my email account will get disconnected,and it will not send any email

2.outlook tries to reconnect to the server after short intervals and at that time it ask for the password ,n if it does not recieve the password again my account will get disconnected and it will not send any email.
(now u must be thinking why will it not receieve the password becoz it is working as a monitoring tool so nobody will be there to look after it evrytime specially on saturday sunday when nobody is around ) .

any idea ....how can i achieve this functionality ....thax :)

#9 ·
You stated that you are using Outlook Express to MONITOR these system, as far as I know Outlook Express can not be used with Exchange Server, one MUST use Outlook that comes with a MS Office package, such as 2007.

If both accounts are are using the same exchange server then they are both useless if the server is not functional.
And there is NO way that I have heard of changing the sending account once the email has been told to be sent by another account.

What kind of emails are you sending out that you are not in attendance when they are being sent?

Also how are seting up these time delayed emails?

#10 ·
Sorry ..its not outlook express i m using the one which comes with MS office ..i.e Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 . and both my email accounts belong to different exchange servers ..one of the account is my official email account and the other one is window live account .

As u asked me in your previous post how this is being scheduled actually we have an application which is using macro and it is scheduled to run on specific time intervals which in turns use the outlook to send out the emails (This email is nothing but it just contains the summary like everything is going fine.its just a check on system health)

#11 ·
Now that you have added another turn, Windows Live mail does not use a exchange server.
Where is this exchange server?
Both of these accounts are connecting through Outlook in the same session?

Do you have a PST or a CST file, that your Outlook is using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.