1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to send formatted email without it being an attachment

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ubamous3, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ubamous3

ubamous3 Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a pdf file that I am trying to send out to a few people (and no I am not spamming them), but I prefer not to send it as an attachment; Is it possible to send it as the body of the email? The pdf has pictures and tables, etcÂ… which makes it a little more complicated.

Thanks for any advice you have

2. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

Not really. In order to do that you would have to embed it in a frame. Its always best to send plaintext email. Not everyone's mailer supports HTML/embedded object email. Is there any reason it cannot be in the body?

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

To send formatted content, the email would have to be in HTML format.

Many people now block HTML, for 2 reasons:
    Size (its about 7 times larger than plain text)
    Security (its possible to embed malicious code in HTML).

Those that block HTML will only get a stripped out text version with no graphics.

Send as a PDF file for safety, as long as the recipients have Adobe Reader software installed.

4. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

PDFs are pretty universal. Just attach. Or, throw onto some webspace, and link.

5. ubamous3

ubamous3 Thread Starter

Thanks guys for responding; i figured out how to convert the pdf to html and then paste the html content to OE; it works except that the words were a little misaligned randomly so it's not very good; i'm trying to send to selected editors and the pdf is a factsheet/chart of my client. i didnt want to send as attachment originally b/c a lot of people immediately delete it if they see attachments
    but i have no choice so i decided to send it as attachment

6. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

You could also send one email first, saying you are sending an attachment, and that it's safe, then send the attachment.

7. ubamous3

ubamous3 Thread Starter

yeah, i noted on the cover letter and the press release that all emails and attachments are scanned by norton antivirus's latest update before being sent out, so that hopefully will ease some concern on their part

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223023

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice