1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to set Adobe Acrobat Security

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Charlton, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Charlton

Charlton Thread Starter

Hello,

I was able to restrict the .pdf file not to print and edit. How can I restrict from Save/Save-as or to Email?

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.

Charlton

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

I don't see any of those options in the Securty features for Adobe Acrobat Pro 6. Come to think of it. That would seem to be nearly impossible to do. If you want people to read it, it has to get on their hard drive somehow. Either in a Temp file by opening it from a Website or downloading it and then viewing it. I think you are asking for the impossible.

3. Charlton

Charlton Thread Starter

Yes, I don't see Adobe Acrobat has these features. We host the .pdf files in our company web server for users to view it ONLY, but we don't want them to be able to print, edit/modify, save it and email.

We were able to restrict the users from edit/modify and print the pdf file, however we are unable to restrict from EMAIL and SAVE IT.

Thanks,
    Charlton

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

For anyone to be able to read it, they do have to be able to download it locally.

One it's downloaded, its a file and can be treated as any other in that regard as far as emailing.

Perhaps you need an application other than PDF, though just what eludes me at present.

5. Et Al

Et Al

Anything that can be displayed on a computer screen can be copied (ref: [ Print Screen ] key on the keyboard).

Then it's just a matter of using the right application to save, create and/or modify.

I know of a supervisor at a company who had all of his email messages where it could not be 'saved,' 'copied' or 'printed' in an effort to with hold any evidence from a union steward (you can see it, but I'll just deny it ever existed mentality).

Union Steward had no problem saving and printing any messages that displayed on the computer screen. It actually made it better evidence.

Perhaps a meeting with a projector?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485668

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice