1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to set no password for Windows?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by number, May 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. number

number Thread Starter

in Windows 2000, how can I disabilitate the option of entering the password everytime I switch on the PC? I'd like that there was no user option and that at the start up, it would straightly go to windows without any password required.
    thank u and I hope I was clear enough

2. Sid9678

Sid9678

Open up COntrol Panel and then double click on users and passwords. Highlight the username that you want Windows 2000 to automatically log in as. Now at the top you'll see where it says Users must enter a username and password to use this computer. Make sure the box in front of it is unchecked. Now click apply and a windows will open asking you for a password. Enter the username and the password for the account that you want Windows 2000 to log in automatically and then hit ok and now everytime you restart windows 2000 you will automatically be logged in as the user. To test it out just restart your computer and it should log you in automatically.

3. number

number Thread Starter

thank you but unfortunately I tried to do in my own way before reading this advice and now the result is that I dont succeed to enter in windows anymore!
    I have erased a couple of users from the users list and now it gives me the same panel of enter the password but this time it sais that the password is wrong, how can I solve this problem?
    Can I do something from the BIOS?
    thank you

4. Sid9678

Sid9678

If you have a BIOS password set and you forgot the password you can reset it by clearing the CMOS. You do that by removing a jumper on your motherboard to clear the password. Read your motherboard intructions on how to do that and what jumper clears the CMOS.

If it's a Windows 2000 logon password that you changed and now can't remember what you changed it to then you have a problem. I know theirs a password hack on the internet but you'll need to find thatout for yourself because we are not permitted to tell you how do it but there's a way.

5. number

number Thread Starter

i know but if windows doesn't start, what can I do with the password hack? even if I had it, how could I use it if I don't enter the OS?

6. number

number Thread Starter

Even if none is permitted to tell how to hack, then I'll put it in a different way: how can I run an utility if I can't enter in my OS???
    thanks

7. Sid9678

Sid9678

the utility for the password has to be runned before windows logs. Since you're computer is not booting now then it's no longer a password problem.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/228257

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice