1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to set up email 'work reply' from home

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jonny p, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jonny p

jonny p Thread Starter

When I'm working from home I want to send email to customers so that they reply to my work email address- Ive set up the logo and signatures OK but whatever I do when I send the email the reply address is always my own and not my work email address, even though I've added my work email address as an account. What am I doing wrong? I'm using Outlook Express

2. Morny

Morny

Hi jonny p

Did you include in the sent email to clients, the work email address? Your sent email from home will always show your home address. Perhaps you could put in bold the address you wish your clients to respond to?

3. jonny p

jonny p Thread Starter

thanks for that Morny
    yes my work email address is in my 'signature' and I've been typing messages at the end saying please use this link and so on , but the customers never seem to do so-they just hit the reply button-of course it goes to my home when Im at work and then maybe I don't get something important for a whole day. So I set up a new account in the settings with my work email address in it...I tried putting the smtp settings for my work email in my home 'outgoing' mail server tab, that just deleted all my home family accounts...maybe its just not possible to do what I'm trying to do!

4. Morny

Morny

Hi johnny p, Hmmm maybe it isn't possible but how about phoning your ISP and asking them? Trouble is, it will cost you money but it might be worth it to sort this out. I know how frustrating this must be and I do sympathise.

Could you perhaps get someone reliable from work to actually click on your email link to see if it does actually work?

5. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    In your account settings, do you have the option of entering a "Reply to address"?

Are you using OE6?

6. Morny

Morny

In OE there is an option to enter Reply Address!!!

7. jonny p

jonny p Thread Starter

Yes there is an option to 'reply to address' but I don't want to always have people reply to my work email address. To go into accounts and put it in each time I need to send a work related email would be impractical,,,but if there was a way of setting up another account the same as my normal one but with that already typed ....in that would be the way ahead

8. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

I thought you had said you had created another account:

9. vicks

vicks

If you use OE you can set up a second account using the work address. Then when you want to send emails you can
    use the arrow next to your address and expand the addresses and click on the one you want to use.
    I have used this many times with different addresses. When you set up the account you can specify a reply addrdss.
    vicks

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918226

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice