How to set up fixed IP address

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Luvpeaceguru

I have a fixed IP address. How do I set it up? Is it in Network connections, properties of the connection?

When I run IPCONFIG, it tells me that my IP address is 192.168.1.64. My fixed ip address is 87.74.42.129. Where do I put this?

Please could somebopdy help me?

192.168.1.64 means that you are connected to your modem through a LAN cable (ie: You connect to the modem as if the modem were a switch/hub of a LAN)...

So basically that means that you have to input it into your router’s configuration console...
You can access the web-based version (ie: It looks like a web page and opens in FireFox/IE/Opera) usually by opening your browser and going to 192.168.1.1 ...

Then you will have to check your modem’s documentation to see how to use that console to input your IP address since the way the web console works differs from manufacturer to another and from one model to the other...

Hope that helps...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online