1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to set up to sell coins on Ebay

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rddraper, Feb 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rddraper

rddraper Thread Starter

I want to be able to image the front and back of a particular coin so to show with the most detail possible. What equipment do I need to add to my computer (Windows ME) digital camera or a certain model scanner?
    Thanks, R. Draper

2. ourhouse

ourhouse

it all depends on your budget. but for an average amount i use a digital camera and it seems to work fine for me (although i dont take shots that require extreme detail) but i guess you can use photoshop to clean up the image as well.

3. rddraper

rddraper Thread Starter

How many pixels on your digital camera? Do you have some sort of stand that holds the camera and do you send the images directly to the computer via USB cable? Also do you import the images into Photoshop or directly somehow into Ebay?
    Thanks, R. Draper

4. gethedge

gethedge

Yes, I would recommend a digital camera for the task, not a scanner.

You can simply save it on your compter, but I would suggest putting it in photoshop and cleaning, resising etc as necisary. You can ask the people in a store exactly what a camera can do, even if you do not end up buying it there

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!