1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to Setup Email Rules in Thunderbird?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bushibashir, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bushibashir

bushibashir Thread Starter

Hi,

I am receiving emails directly in the inbox but I want to receive my emails in a specific folder.

Can anyone tell me please how can I set a rule for this in Mozilla Thunderbird email program?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    goto
    tools>
    message filters>
    you can set up rules there to move any new mail into different folders based on a variety of conditions

3. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor (deceased)

Simplest is to open a message and right click the part of the header you want to set the rule to.
    If you want all mail coming in to go to a different folder, you would right click the To: line of the header.
    If you want only messages from certain people to be moved, open a message from them and right click the From: line.
    Select "Create filter from..." and the Filter dialog will open with the top already filled in.
    In the bottom, set the folder you want things to go to and OK.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028198

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice