1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to share a non-wireles printer?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Leonngo1, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leonngo1

Leonngo1 Thread Starter

I have a new Samsung All-in-one printer without Wireless Built-in. I have wireless internet from AT&T at home... What I need to do so I can share this Samsung printer with other four laptops? Thanks in advance.

2. prunejuice

prunejuice

Does your router have a print-sharing feature?

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    In decreasing order of desirability, options include ...

If the all-in-one has ethernet capability connect it to the router.

As prunejuice indicated if the router includes a print server connect the all-in-one to that by USB.

Get a (compatible with your all-in-one) print server to connect to the all-in-one by USB and the router by Wi-Fi or ethernet.

Connect (and install) the all-in-one to a computer by USB, enable file and printer sharing, and share the printer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082954

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice