1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to share a OneNote Notebook

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Kerri8274, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerri8274

Kerri8274 Thread Starter

Okay so maybe this is a weird question, but I'm hoping someone can give me some ideas. I have a Onenote Notebook on my computer that is loaded with tons of information related to the industry I work in. I'm in Kansas and the office and all the rest of the staff are located in Utah. I want to share this notebook with the Utah staff. I know I can share the notebook and they can view it online -- but the online version of Onenote is limited in features and loads slowly. Can I share this notebook so they can open their full version of Onenote on their PC locally and not have to wait on the internet version? This notebook needs to sync anytime that I or they make changes. The point being is that when the Utah based staff takes phones call or emails that they can do a quick search of the notebook and copy/paste any relevant information from it. This needs to work so that its like we are all in one location and accessing the same computer or network of computers. Thanks so much!

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

Try SharePoint Online which is an offering of Office 365. A document in SP must be checked out for modifications to be made, while it is checked out, everyone else can view it but cannot make changes. Once the changes have been made the document can be checked back in. The document is downloaded locally in order to make the changes, then the modified version is synched back with the original. Depending on its size, it is really quick. You can also choose to enforce versioning rules and workflows, which for example would require the approval of the owner before modifications are considered final.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144067

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice