1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to share one connection on 3 pcs ?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by robairlb, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robairlb

robairlb Thread Starter

Hello all,

I have one wireless connection on one pc at home and i am trying to share
    it with another two pcs all connected via ethernet (hub) so what is the easiest way to
    set this up and i wonder if my connection speed is 256 kb will it be enough for the 3 machines to open messengers and check mail all at the same time ?
    I have win xp sp3

I appreciate any help

thank you

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, as long as you're patient it'll probably do. :D

Is that wireless connection to a wireless router? If so, you simply bridge the wireless and wired connections in the one machine and connect the wired port to that switch. The other machines connected to the switch will have access to the router as long as that wireless machine is running.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/802280

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice