1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to split screen

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by nabl3t, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nabl3t

nabl3t Thread Starter

Looking for some tips how I could split screen, so I can see two windows user accounts at one display, but split in the middle.

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/fre...vide-your-desktop-screen-into-multiple-parts/

This links offer two freeware programs for doing so, but I wonder whether they are able to what I need.
    Before giving them a try I wouldn't mind to hear some opinions or tips from more experienced fellow members.

Thanks.

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

3. ChuckE

ChuckE

Are these two Windows user accounts on the same computer? and is it this computer? or are they on two completely different computers?

4. antech

antech Banned

Not possible till now
    As for the softwares you specified,
    i think they are for splitting desktops ,
    (Links not checked)
    If you are able to do it ,
    it will probably overheat the system

5. Masta Squidge

Masta Squidge

Better check the links then.

There are ways, and have been for some time, to allow multiple user sessions on one computer, and doing it on one screen, as per the link, has been something I have known was in the works for a long time.

Primarily being developed, as per the article, to allow more users onto one unit. This is great for poor(er) areas, allowing something like two or four individual users or maybe more on one unit, obvious teaching/cost cutting aside it could be a nice tool for some people.

Also, i have no idea how this would overheat the system... unless your cooling hardware was failing in the first place.

6. antech

antech Banned

A same thread was posted EARLIER.
    Check that one
    He said he had one one computer and had to use two mouse ,monitors etc.
    Someone recommended to UNIX for that

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/905858

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice