1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to Stop Computer Going into Idle Mode

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by NYCityGirl, Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NYCityGirl

NYCityGirl Thread Starter

Hi:

I have a Dell XPS 435 MT Studio Desktop, with a Windows Vista OS. My computer goes into an Idling Power Mode and it does not allow me to turn on the computer, until I reboot several times. I have the computer setup power options never to go to sleep, but on occasions like today it suddenly went into idle power mode and I was unable to get the computer to turn on for about 90 minutes.

Does anyone have a recommendations on how to prevent this from happening?

Thanks,

NYCityGirl

2. scobareric

scobareric Banned

Go to Start, type "power options," and hit enter. Click on "Change plan settings" for the power plan you are currently using and there should be a drop-down menu where you can change how long to wait before your computer goes to sleep.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1095491