1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to stop Microsoft Outlook eating memory

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by cuttlefish, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cuttlefish

cuttlefish Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ian
    I put up a post here recently that nobody could solve concerning my Office Outlook 2007 Beta consuming huge amounts of memory - up to 150 Mbs! (n)
    When I first opened it up, it typically took about 5 Mbs and then using Task manager, I could sit and literally watch it over a period of hours, slowing chewing up memory for no apparant reason! :eek: :eek:
    Purely by accident, I minimized the apllication instead of leaving it as an open window and voila, memory back to normal instantly - and staying like that!(y)
    Maximize or restore it and off it goes on the memory chow hunt again!!:mad: :mad:
    I tried this with other applications like IE7, explorer etc. but no results like Outlook!
    I wonder why it does this? :confused:
    Pain in the neck having to minimize it all the time but certainly frees up the memory for me!:D :D

2. Anthony:-P

Anthony:-P

Hi and welcome to TSG!

Beta's are very rarley stable, and normally have many issuses, and this could be the main reasons for your problem.
    have you tried office 2003 or the final version of office 2007?
    You can download a free trial (as far as i know) from here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/CD100602001033.aspx and give that a try.

Hope that helps ;-)

Kind Regards,
    Anthony:p

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543887

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice