1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how to stop mouseover text?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by LindaBEE, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LindaBEE

LindaBEE Thread Starter

Is there a way to stop this from happening? It's so annoying to me. This just happens to be in Flash, but it's on everything. I can't even surf the net becasue no matter where the mouse is, some stupid text box is there.

Thanks
    Linda

Attached Files:

2. CouchMaster

CouchMaster

Mouseovers are a function of the sites programming and I've never seen a method of removing them from a console.

3. LindaBEE

LindaBEE Thread Starter

Hey CouchMaster, sorry, I'm referring to my desktop and in my publications (not solely on the web). It is the same thing as on the web, but it interfers mostly when I'm working in programs. Like that picture, I'm trying to enter coordinates and that text popup thing interfers with me trying to enter text in the box (not on the web). It's quite annoying.

Thanks
    Linda

4. CouchMaster

CouchMaster

Yeah, I know - it annoys me too! When DeviantArt started using mouseovers I got so POed I stopped going to their site.

Still, it's in the programs programming and I've never found a way of turning it off - short of removing the code. There may be a way but I'm not aware of one....

5. LindaBEE

LindaBEE Thread Starter

Okay, thanks. You know how you can stop XP from that "ballooning" when you click the start menu? I kinda thought it was a Windows thing and I could somehow turn it off. I guess it's not THAT annoying :)

Thanks
    Linda

6. CouchMaster

CouchMaster

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/384238