How to Stop New Hardware Found Popup?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cgm707

How do I stop the popup that says New Hardware Found from appearing everytime I start my PC? I have gone to Control Panel, Device Manager, and disabled the Multimedia Audio Controller, which I do not use, but I still get the popup. The hardware for this is on my motherboard and I don't want to remove it because I am not that experienced.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Chris

cgm707

I have no idea where the drivers are, and I do not need this hardware. I installed a sound card. There must be a way to disable the popup.

ETS

Since it is built into your motherboard, you need to enter your BIOS setup program and disable it there.

If you look in device manager the device will have a yellow mark against it, right click it and select properties then run through the install drivers wizard. Let it look on Windows Update when it asks, or alternatively you should be able to disable the device completely.

cgm707

Thanks for the reply.

Are there instructions on how to do this?

cgm707

I have gone to the yellow asterick and disbaled it. But I still get the message.

cgm707

Yes, a multimedia audio controller. I'm not sure what it was for. My sound went out a few days ago and I bought a sound card, which works fine.

From what it sounds like the Multimedia controler could be from your old Sound card. You should look for any software having to deal with your old sound card and remove it in Add/Remove programs. See if that helps.

ETS

Does your motherboard have built in sound?
Did it quit working and did you replace it with a new sound card?

cgm707

The motherboard makes beeping sounds, but nothing else. I bought a new sound card and loaded the software and it works fine. But I still get this annoying popup notice abot adding new hardware.

The motherboard is ASUS A7V8X-X Series.
What does the PC Wizard do?

ETS said:
Does your motherboard have built in sound?
Did it quit working and did you replace it with a new sound card?

ETS

Here is what I think is happening.

Your motherboard has built in sound. When that quit working you installed a new sound card but you didn't disable the one that is built in.

You tried to disable it in device manager, but Windows keeps detecting it every time you boot up and displays that annoying message.

To stop Windows from re - detecting it you need to disable it in your system BIOS. This is done by pressing the DEL key (usually) early on during the boot process. That will take you into the CMOS setup menus. From there you need to search for a reference to your Audio controller and disable it. Then exit the setup and save your change. Be careful not to change anything else.

Hope this helps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online